Vodafone Roaming Price Changes
Vodafone will be reducing the price of many of their roaming services, in line with new EU roaming regulations from April 30th 2016.
For users on 4G Red, Red, Red+, Red Business, Essentials, Your Plan Small Business, Business Single plans, Your Plan, Standard Bundle, Red Bundle, Red Value Bundle, Business Premier, One Net Express Single Plans, Business Plus, Business Advance, Business Sharer including Express, Red Sharer including Express price plans, charges will now be:
- Making Calls: 3.6p per minute
- Receiving Calls: 0.8p per minute
- Sending Texts: 1.4p per text
- Sending Picture Messages: 3.6p per picture message
- Using Data: 3.6p per MB
What about roaming extras?
Vodafone has also reduced the charges of their roaming extras as follows:
- Roaming Discount 1, 2, and 3: in Europe Zone 1 will cost 3.6p a min to make a call, 0.8p a min to receive a call, 1.4p a text and 3.6p for a picture message. Data will cost 3.6p a MB.
- Ireland Caller and Ireland Caller Extra: calls made from Republic of Ireland will cost 3.6p a min, and text messages sent in Republic of Ireland will be 1.4p a text.
- 1GB and 2GB Worldwide Data Allowances: excess charges in Europe Zone 1 will be 3.6p a MB.
- European Monthly DataTraveller: excess charges in Europe Zone 1 will be 3.6p a MB.
- European Daily DataTraveller: the daily data allowance will be 50MB. The rate for excess charges in Europe Zone 1 will be 3.6p a MB.
- 100MB Daily Business Mobile Broadband Continental: the daily allowance will be increased to 200MB.
- Monthly Roaming Text Allowance: the daily inclusive allowance will be 25 text messages.
- Monthly 60 min, 120 min and 500 min European Voice Roaming: the monthly inclusive allowance will be increased to 350 min, 570 min and 2,100 min respectively.
- Vodafone Europe: The monthly charge will be cancelled for this service. You’ll just pay 3.6p a min to make a call and it will be free to receive one. It will cost 1.4p to send a text message and 3.6p for a picture message. Data costs 3.6p a MB.
No changes to Worry-free Roaming
Vodafone are not making any changes to their Worry-free Roaming services. So you’ll still be able to use your UK data, minutes and texts abroad – all for a simple daily fee that you’ll only pay on the days you use your phone.
Here’s a reminder of Vodafone’s Worry-free Roaming services:
- Vodafone EuroTraveller lets you use your UK minutes, texts and data in 40 countries across our Europe Zone for just £3 a day (inc VAT where applicable).
- Vodafone WorldTraveller lets you use your UK minutes, texts and data for just £5 a day (ex VAT) in over 58 countries – so you can stay connected around the globe.
- Vodafone Business Traveller covers Europe and World Zones with one simple service. It allows you to use your UK data, minutes and texts in 98 countries across the globe for just £2.50 extra a day (exc. VAT) in our Europe Zone or £5 extra a day (exc. VAT) in our World Zone.
Please note the changes in roaming charges may reduce the value for money that EuroTraveller previously offered, depending on your usage levels, please get in touch with your account manager if you have any questions or would like to discuss your options. We are always more than happy to help.
E: Sales@cmmtelecoms.co.uk T: 01252 854352