LG G4 Review
The LG G4 sports a rather unique design, featuring premium back covers ranging from metallic grey, ceramic white, gold and even genuine, full grain leather. While the coloured backs feature an array patterned texture, the leather backs have a threaded stitch with the choice of brown, black or red shades. Featuring a 5.5″ display and durable arc design, the LG G4 allows for a natural, firm grip. Better yet, the LG G4 has both a removable 3,000mAh battery and removable Micro-SD Card Slot so you can swap in a full battery without stopping to re-charge and ensure you always have plenty of storage space.
The LG G4 features a 16MP camera with an ultra-bright F.1 lens, making it ideal for low light conditions and snapping portraits with clarity and detail. In fact the infra-red-sensitive colour spectrum sensor analyses and measures all of the visible light within a scene before a shot is snapped, to ensure your image’s colour appears natural and vivid even in dim conditions. The G4 also includes a ‘light trail effect’ allowing you to capture blazing lights and laser detection auto-focus and OIS 2.0, an improved optical image stabiliser, to reduce camera shake.
Smart, personalised solutions
LG has incorporated ‘Smart, personalised solutions’ into the G4 included Smart Notice, Gallery and Event Pocket.
Smart Notice is a pre-installed widget on your LG G4 home screen that can be used to create action formulas to automate routine tasks, and allows you to receive personalised recommendations on the weather, travel and more. The full list of Smart Notice features are:
- New contacts — offers a card for frequent calls to a number not in your contacts (from this card, you can quickly add the contact)
- Callback reminders — reminds you to ring back declined calls
- Battery saver — reminds you when your battery is getting low
- Birthday notifications — reminds you of upcoming birthdays
- Smart Cleaning — reminds you when you should clean out your cache with Smart Cleaning
- Memo reminders — notifies you on time- and location-sensitive reminders
- LG Health — gives you status updates on your LG Health activities
- Traffic notifications — helps you avoid traffic congestion
- Weather alerts — gives you details on local weather
The G4 has a redesigned interface to improve your photo gallery experience. Photos are now organised based on time and location and includes a search-by-date function for your convenience. While a final feature is occasional reminders for looking back on fond moments and memories.
To increase productivity further, with Event Pocket, you can drag and drop your events straight into your calender and receive suggestions for venues and things to do based on the information you’ve provided.
- 5.5″ Quad HD Display
- 16MP Camera Rear Camera with F1.8 Lens, 8MP Front Camera
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 808 Processor with X10 LTE
- 3,000mAh Battery with Wireless Charging
- 32GB ram – Micro-SD card slot: up to 200GB